Monday, November 14, 2011

Waiting, YES

OK, left in the dark ambulance (LDA), you've drawn the short straw and have been dispatched to 1-1-2-2 Boogie Boogie Avenue for an unknown type emergency.  Dispatcher releases microphone button but yet we still hear a deep Moo-haa-ha laugh track in the background. Just another day in Paradise.

On scene.  LDA do you need PD on scene?  Ahh, not right now but I'll keep my portable with me thanks.

Hey!  In here!  Hurry!  OK, what's your problem...as I begin looking around at the space paraphernalia located in every wall, drawer, and shelf in the room.  "I feel sick."  I think I surmised that when I walked in here and looked at your decor.  "My stomach hurts, I've been having trouble swallowing for the last few days."   OK, have you been eating normally?  "Yes."  Anything new in your diet, do you take any medications?  "Yes to both. I changed my diet recently based on suggestions by my doctor."  What were his suggestions?  "I need more iron in my diet."  OK

Hey partner, yeah, what do you make of this stuff?  "Oh that's my vitamins."

Wait for it...

Looking at partner, and you have been taking this the last few days?  "Yes, I use the file to take shreds off and then I wash them down with water."  And that's "iron, yep just like the doctor told me."  Sound of silence.

Let's get you out to the ambulance.  "Good I can tell you on the way how I was abducted by aliens..."

Wait for it...

"The last time."

No comments:

Post a Comment